An Easter Dinner to Delight
With the Easter festivities fast approaching, there’s no better time to #GetTogether and invite the family over to enjoy a delicious, home cooked meal. In today’s post we’ve compiled a traditional Easter recipe, filled to the brim with tons of flavour, perfect for the bank holiday celebrations.
Follow the below guide on how to roast the perfect lamb shoulder and accompaniments, a perfect dinner choice to enjoy with the whole family.
- 1 (2-lb.) boneless lamb shoulder roast
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- A dash of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. baby potatoes, halved if large
- To start, place your oven rack in the lower third of your oven and pre-heat to 450ºf/230ºc/gas mark 8.
- Mix together in a bowl: rosemary, thyme, garlic, one tablespoon of oil, and combine with salt and pepper. Once fully mixed, rub the seasoning generously over your lamb shoulder.
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish and cover with the remaining mixture. Place the lamb shoulder on top of the potatoes and roast for one hour. Ensure the temperature is now set at 145ºf/60ºc/gas mark 2.
- Once the roast potatoes have been timed to perfection, take the lamb out of the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. For a mouth-watering side, serve roasted asparagus or honey glazed carrots, or both if you’re feeling extra peckish.
- For the ultimate touch of Easter table chic, serve your dinner on our Sophie Conran for Portmeirion Colour Pop collection, to incorporate a stylish burst of seasonal pastel shades.