What’s more delicious than chocolate chip cookies? Chocolate chip cookies that are super easy and quick to bake of course!
This tasty vegan cookie recipe comes from Valentina, the owner of Lele’s – a gorgeous vegan café located in London where the team are passionate about providing good food for everyone.
As Valentina says, “Cookies really make everyone happy, both children and grown-ups”, so why not put a smile on someone’s face and whip up a batch of these easy, delicious cookies to share at your next get together…?
- 112g Vegan Butter
- 100g White sugar – you can also use coconut sugar if you want to make this recipe refined sugar free
- 100g Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 125g All purpose flour – you can make this gluten free by using gluten free flour
- 56g Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1tbsp. Soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 100g Vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4
- Mix the butter and brown and white sugar together in a mixing bowl and whisk together until you have a thick consistent cream (you could use an electric whisking bowl if you have one)
- Mix in the vanilla extract
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a separate mixing bowl and mix in the baking soda and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing by hand until crumbly
- Add the 1 tbsp. soy milk or other non-dairy alternative until you have a thick cookie dough
- Add the chocolate chunks to the mix. The dough should be thick, but moist enough to roll into balls quite easily.
- Once you have rolled the dough in to consistently sized small balls you can space them evenly out on a parchment lined baking tray (allowing space for them to flatten out in the oven without running into each other)
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be firm but the cookies will still be soft in the middle. This is fine, they will firm up as they cool